
Today was a day of unadulterated red meat indulgence. The Pantry Queen and I visited the Harbor City Diner(1630 S. Wickham Rd. West Melbourne, Fla.).Sure, the sign out front boasts a menu of authentic Greek food, but as the sign out front also boasts, they are home to Melbourne's best burger. Such a claim can and will NOT be bandied about carelessly. Not when there are such as I, fearless, impartial, and most importantly.....HUNGRY! Sitting down, I was more than a little apprehensive of the word "best". Was it just a marketing ploy to put some soft fleshy parts in some seats?Were they simply arrogant, or was there something to the outlandish remark boldly back lighted by florescent illumination? My wife ordered a specialty burger medium well(why must all the cute ones ruin a good piece of meat?). Me, being more of a purist, ordered a classic cheeseburger medium. What arrived about 10 minutes later made me do a double take. From the bottom of the bun to the top it had to have measured at LEAST 8 inches(see pic above). Served with a pickle(made in-store) fries and a side of slaw, it was more than a little daunting, but anyone can make 'em big. Then I took a bite. DING! WOW! Truly not a better burger I have bit! This was 12 ounces(YES! 12ounces!) of flame broiled beautiful beefy bliss! My wife agreed. To top it all off they actually offered dessert after this meaty monster of a masterpiece! Well, at that point we had to call in reinforcements. Our daughter and her boyfriend showed up to share a slice of cake that was every bit as big and delicious as the burger! Seriously, if you seek something more than a Mac-attack this place is an ABSOLUTE must! Ask about delivery!
No comments:
Post a Comment